WELCOME TO... OUR WORLD OF HOPE RESTORED ...
“Our commitment is to listen, guide and support you with our experience and kindness. Our promise is to continually strive to source and provide you with the largest database of the most suitable egg donors that we can possibly find.”
The statistics are that 33% of women older than 37 years, who present to a fertility clinic with infertility, will require the use of donor eggs to achieve a pregnancy. Even couples resorting to IVF with their own eggs, at age 40, only have a 27% chance of conceiving and this drops to 6% between ages 40 and 44. The declining success rates relate to the fact that the DNA in a woman's eggs, develop abnormalities with age. It is emotionally overwhelming to learn you may have to use an egg donor to become parents. As a fertility agency we are here not only to assist you in choosing a suitable egg donor, but also to reduce any confusion, eliminate any added stress and guide you through your much-desired path to become parents.
Don't feel alone ...
Our mission is to help others experience the potential gift ov life and joy of parenthood.
The first test tube baby was born in 1978 and the first pregnancy with egg donation in South Africa, was performed at Cape Fertility Clinic, Cape Town in 1986. Egg donation has since become a regular and routine treatment over the past 22 years and the number of people seeking this form of fertility treatment has increased. You are not alone.
More than 3.5 million babies have been born worldwide using assisted reproductive technology since 1978, when two British doctors delivered the world's first test tube baby, Louise Brown.
Furthermore, international statistics show that there was a 150% increase in woman over the age of 50 having children between 1994 and 2010.
The average age of women having fertility treatment in UK clinics with donated sperm, eggs or embryos has increased: from 31.9 years in 1991 to 35.1 years in 2007.
This mirrors the average age of mothers giving birth, which has been gradually increasing since the mid 1970s: from 26.5 years in 1975 to 29.4 years in 2009.
In the last decade the number of women giving birth at age 35 or older has increased by a third: from 15% in 1999 to 20% in 2009.
Life is all about timing...the unattainable becomes attainable. Have the patience to wait it out." Stacy Charter
We are here to assist you.
Even though all else may have failed in your infertility path, egg donation offers new hope. Each and every egg donation of our Egg Donation Program is personally and professionally handled by Co-Founders Tami Sussman and Dawn Blank. We can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org and will respond, as close to immediately as possible ,with answers to your questions or requests for assistance.
We hope that we have covered all, if not most, of the Frequenty Asked Questions which you may have - please click here to review our FAQ's and if you have further questions please don't hesitate to email us on email@example.com. Try us..we are very quick to respond!
We get our satisfaction from helping you along your journey to making your dream of a family come true.
“A baby is a miraculous gift from God, no matter how one receives it.
Some are given the ability bear them, others the ability to rear them.”
A step by step guide:
How the Gift ov life egg donation program works ... You could be pregnant 3 months from today!
STEP 1: View our Egg Donor Database & Request Detailed Egg Donor Profiles
- To view our Egg Donor Angels click here.
- You will be prompted for a password which, on request, will be emailed to you.
- You may also email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to match you with a suitable donor. We offer this service for many of our recipients. If you provide us with your criteria for an egg donor angel, and an adult picture of yourself if you so choose, we will search our extensive donor database and assist you with suitable and potential matches for you.
- As you browse the donor database, should you find a donor that interests you, you may request her Detailed Profile under her online profile. This profile will then be emailed to you.
- Please be aware that egg donor angels are added to our database daily so take your time to review our database frequently.
- Please note, we have many recipients that are viewing the donors' profiles. A donor is not reserved for any recipient until the formal Gift ov life donation process is completed, the donor has agreed to donate in writing and the relevent paperwork and donation criteria are met.
STEP 2: Selecting your Donor
- When you find a donor that you would like to approach for egg donation we will, on your behalf, approach your egg donor angel.
- Donors are given 48 hours in which to revert…however most donors revert instantaneously at the chance to give the potential Gift ov life.
STEP 3: Securing your Egg Donor
- Once your selected egg donor angel has agreed to donate for you, we will request that you make a once off fee payment to Gift ov life.
- The Gift ov life match & management fee includes the following services:
- Recruitment of egg donors and donor contract facilitation.
- Recipient support during donor selection and recipient contract facilitation.
- Initial agency screening of egg donor and recording of detailed profile details.
- Facilitation of communication between the egg donor, fertility clinic/Dr and recipient.
- Co-ordination of the donors medical and psychological assessments.
- Donor travel co-ordination where necessary.
- Ongoing donor support before, during and after the donation cycle.
For information regarding the various costs involved in egg donation IVF in South Africa and the recipients of the various payment, please click here.
Step 4: Your Donors Medical & Psychological Screening
- Once you have secured your donor, we will make contact with your treatment clinic and advise them that you have selected a donor. We will arrange the necessary appointment for the donor to be seen by your fertility specialist for a general fertility check up, including a scan and required blood tests. She will also be assessed by a psychologist to confirm that she is fit to donate for you.
- For our International or Local Recipients who have yet to select a fertility clinic for their treatment, we will gladly provide you with the leading fertility clinics in South Africa, with which we are associated. Alternatively, we will work with the clinic of your choice.
- To view our recommended fertility clinics in South Africa, click here.
- Timing: From the time you choose your donor until she has had her first doctors consultation and we receive the results of her blood tests (as well as your and your partners blood tests) usually takes 2-3 weeks.
STEP 5: Cycle Co-ordination
- The doctor and the IVF co-ordinator of your preferred clinic will make direct contact with you to discuss your and the donors treatment plans. Your cycle and that of your donors cycle will be co-ordination and the time line for donation and embryo transfer determined.
- Timing: The time required for this part of the process varies from one donor/recipient to the next, depending on your cycles and whether or not the donor is on the Pill. Allow 6 weeks.
Step 6: Medication & Egg Retrieval
- On the 3rd or so day of the donors co-ordinated cycle she will begin her hormone treatment, designed to stimulate egg maturation.
- You will also commence your medication treatment to prepare your womb lining for receipt of the embryo/s.
- The doctor will, by way of a scan, determine when the donor eggs are ready for aspiration/ removal.
- Timing: The process of medication to egg retrieval takes 2 weeks.
Step 7: Fertilisation & Embryo Transfer
- On the day that the eggs are removed they will be fertilised with your partners semen. You will be contacted each day thereafter with an update on how the embryos are growing!
- Three to five days after fertilisation the embryo/s will be transferred to your womb in a simple, quick and pain free procedure.
- Should you have additional embryos, these will be frozen for future use.
Step 8: Are you pregnant!?
- You will have to wait approximately 12 to 14 days to find out, via a blood test, whether you are pregnant! This waiting is the hardest part of the procedure!
- Timing: 2 (long!) weeks
* All the timings provided in the steps above are guidelines included to give you an idea of the timing involved in the egg donation process. Exact timing varies from one case to the next.
I Will Be A Wonderful Mother - Author Unknown
There are women who become mothers without effort, without thought,
without patience or loss, and though they are good mothers and love their children, I know that I will be better.
I will be better not because of genetics or money or because I have read more books, but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.
I have longed and waited. I have cried and prayed. I have endured and planned over and over again. Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.
I will notice everything about my child. I will take time to watch my child sleep, explore, and discover. I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.
I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold, and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream. My dream will be crying for me.
I count myself lucky in this sense; that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child.
Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.